Updated December 14, 2021
What is the Purpose of a Gait Trainer?
A gait trainer is a wheeled device similar to walkers that helps people who are unable to stand or walk without help. These gait trainers help children and people with physical limitations, allowing them to explore their surroundings without relying on others. Read reviews, ratings, and other detailed comparisons of the Best Gait Trainers.
Is a gait trainer the same as a walker?
Walkers are for people who can fully support their weight through their legs. A gait trainer is a walker model that supports. Consider getting a gait trainer instead of a walker if one needs help in several places.
Look at some of the Best Gait Trainers & Walking Accessories
Best Gait Trainers
The seat changes to accommodate safety roller widths. When weight is on the Safety Roller, the brakes engage automatically. When not in use, the seat can fold.
- It is mainly for the thighs.
- Height can change.
- To minimize abduction, it can place further away or closer to the user.
- Allows weight shifting from one leg to the other by moving with the user’s stride pattern.
- It prevents cutting the bottoms.
With this Hip Positioner & Pad, you can help your patients. Its purpose is to assist you in placing your patient. It has a height-adjustable seat harness that supports your hip and pelvis while allowing you to shift your weight from one leg to the other. It comes with an adjustable strap that may shorten to help with weight-bearing or lengthened. A Removable pad is with this Hip Positioner & Pad, which adds to the user’s comfort.
- Height Seat Harness can change.
- Straps can extend or change.
- For added comfort, there is a removable pad.
- Aluminium material is less in weight.
- Height and depth can both change.
- Inward and outward rotation.
- Handgrips can change to supinate, pronate, and extend forward or backward.
- For comfort, the contoured armrest turns into one piece with a flexible border.
- It can stick to a part of the handlebar, even the front. The patient’s weight-bearing requirements decide the position.
- It can install facing the in or outside of the handlebar.
- Each side can change independently.
The Drive Medical Platform Walker/Crutch Attachment provides optimal comfort. The platform attaches to your walker and allows you to control the device while keeping your arms in a more comfortable position. It straps onto the user’s non-gripping arm and attaches to the walker. The Platform attachment is a fantastic alternative if you have trouble reaching down to hold your walker. The platform is plush for comfort, and an adjustable strap secures your arm in position.
- Vinyl soft padding.
- The upper bracket is quite large.
- It fits many walkers.
- The arm is firmly held in place by an adjustable strap.
Southwest Technologies’ Elasto-Gel Crutch Pad provides optimal comfort and protection. They’re of a special high-glycerine gel that is to relieve pressure areas and increase comfort. Crutch-Mate handgrips and pads will not disintegrate, will reduce skin degradation, and will provide long-term comfort. They are from a 3/8″ thick gel with a high glycerine concentration. The arm pads and handgrips will preserve their shape and efficacy thanks to this proprietary gel solution. They will not crack, dry out, or split. Furthermore, its tough gel prevents skin breakdown and friction.
- Gel with a high glycerin content.
- Friction should avoid.
- Long-Lasting Comfort Reduces Skin Breakdown
- It’s not going to disintegrate.
The Carex Crutch Tips are to accommodate crutches that are extra-large. For durability, these crutch tips include more tread and metal reinforcing. They have a better grip on floor surfaces and provide skid-resistant traction.
- Tips for a Longer Life and Extended Wear.
- Improved Durability with Extra Tread and Metal Support.
- It fits most of the crutches.
- These Crutches provide anti-skid properties.
- The grip on a variety of floor surfaces.
This Quad stick Tip will replace your present cane top. It gives balance, stability to stand on its own. You can use it with a left-handed or right-handed bottom cane. Its four-tier design provides improved traction on surfaces, reducing sliding and increasing safety. This Cane top is suitable for 0.75-inch tubing “and is compatible with the manufacturer’s canes.
- Allows the stick to stand alone.
- It fits most canes from many manufacturers.
- For use with 3/4 tubing.
- Replaces damaged stick end safely.
- For sports fans, the ball design is best.
- It makes it possible for your cane to stand on its own.
- It fits many 3/4 cane sizes.
- Installation without tools.
This Front/Rear Wheel Set for 726 Wheels can replace your old and damaged wheels. The front and back wheels of the Drive 726 wheel can replace with this wheel assembly. It consists of a wheel, a bearing, a bolt, and a nut.
- Each thing is separately sold (1 Wheel).
- Drive Model 726 is compatible.
- Wheel Assembly (Front or Rear).
- Wheel, Bearings, Axle Bolt, and Nut are all included.
With this Basket For Rollite Rollators, you may add storage to your walker for your personal belongings. This basket fits Invacare Rollite Rollators 65001, 65001R, 65001-JR, 65001R-JR, and 68100 and can link to your walker thanks to the snap hooks. Walker Basket fits perfectly under the Walker seat.
- Invacare 65001, 65001R, 65001-JR, 65001R-JR, and 68100 Rollite Rollator compatible.
- Snap Hooks – For quick and easy installation.
- The basket should place under the seat.
- Most mobility devices, like rollators, walkers, chairs, and wheelchairs, can be attached without the tools.
- Options include standing, strobing, and flashing lights.
- For protection, a soft, protective cover.
- 3V lithium batteries are simple to replace (2 included).
- Free of latex.
- Size: 1 34″ L x 12″ W x.
The Drive Medical Tote is to accommodate three-wheeled rollators. Drive Medical 195, 196, 199, 10218, 161, 162, 171, 10289 rollators are compatible with the black bag, while the grey tote is for Drive Medical 195, 196, 199, 10218, 161, 162 rollators.
- It is simple to use.
- Installation is simple and does not need the use of tools.
- For use with three-wheeled rollators.
This cup holder fits wheelchairs, rollators, and walkers with tubing diameters ranging from 5/8 to 1. The specific clamp insert can alter the tubing size, and the cup holder is made of robust plastic and can be installed and removed at the convenience of using the knob and clamp.
With tubing diameters ranging from 5/8 to 1, it easily attaches to wheelchairs, rollators, and walkers.
- It handles different sizes of tubing, and a special clamp insert can add or remove.
- Made of sturdy plastic.
- The knob and clamp make installation and removal simple.
- 3″ (L) x 3″ (W) Dimensions (W).
- One-Year Warranty Limit.
With this Walker CarryON, you may safely carry your valuables while walking. This multi-purpose bag has an opaque main compartment, exterior mesh pockets, an interior zipped pocket, and a detachable water bottle/cup holder to secure your belongings. This bag is of tough nylon and comes in black.
- Adjustable Hook and Loop Fasteners on the Dual-Strap Connection.
- Universal Design is a term that refers to a set
With this Walker Basket, you can add storage to your walker for your belongings. It comes with a plastic insert tray and a cup holder, allowing you to transfer your things quickly and easily.
- Basket for Walkers.
- Plastic Insert Tray and Cup. The holder provides.
With this Walker Tray with Cup Holders, you can easily add a tray to your walker. This walker is to accommodate most two-button walkers from most brands. You can carry your things and easy to clean. It has two cup holders that keep your drinks safe while you walk.
- It fits most 2-button walkers from most brands.
- It folds up easily.
- Two cup holders.
- Simple to set up.
- A one-year limited warranty.
This Guardian Adult Platform Attachment for Walker provides support for your walker. This Platform Attachment is made of aluminum and is less in weight. It gives a comfortable Vinyl Padded Armrest. This Platform Attachment comes with a velcro strap to keep your arm safe.
- Aluminum construction is less in weight and strong.
- For comfort, there is a vinyl padded armrest.
- Velcro Strap – Holds arm in place safely.
With this Universal Walker Tray, you can add a tray to your walker. This walker is of plastic that lets the user easily carry personal belongings. It includes a cup holder that holds your liquids. This walker tray may easily place without the tools.
- It fits all Walkers from all manufacturers.
- Allows you to bring personal things.
- Simple to set up.
- A one-year limited warranty.
With this Invacare Walker Basket, you can add storage to your walker for your valuables. It’s for walkers with the model numbers 6240-A, 6240-JR, 6240-5F, and 6240-JR5F. It can link to your walker thanks to the snap hooks. The rust-resistant vinyl on this Walker Basket makes cleanup a breeze.
- Snap hooks fix easy.
- Vinyl Coating that is Rust-Resistant.
- Walker 6240-A, 6240-JR, 6240-5F, and 6240-JR5F models.
The Drive Medical Tennis Ball Glides (DRV10121) and Replaceable Glide Pads (DRV10123) give a robust, quiet, and smooth glide experience when used with a walker, ensuring the longevity of our Tennis Ball Glides for walkers. It has a longer life expectancy than plastic glide caps and is safe to install. One pair of replacement gliding pads offers.
- It provides a quiet, smooth, and long-lasting glide experience.
- Installing is simple and easy.
- Longer lasting than a plastic glide cap.
- A one-year warranty.
This Glide Cover will give your walker good mobility. This Glide Cover is to apply over a rubber end that already exists. It fixes your walker and glides over most surfaces smoothly and quietly. Walker Tip’s life can extend.
- To be used on top of existing rubber tips.
- It’s simple to fix to a Walker.
- It increases the longevity of the Walker Tip.
- It reduces the amount of noise produced.
People who use walkers regularly may benefit from the Drive Medical Walker Tips. These non-skid walker ends withstand pressure and protect the rubber from damage caused by cutting. These tips are compatible with all Drive Medical and most other led walkers with a 1″ diameter.
- Provides Walker with a sense of security.
- Non-Skid Suggestions.
- Resistant to damage.
This Gray Replacement Rubber Tip will replace your old or damaged Rubber end. It’s a rubber replacement end for walkers, canes, quad canes, and commodes. It easily accommodated tubing with a diameter of 1-1/8″. This Rubber end is a shock-absorbing and slip-resistant rubber end.
- Rubber Tip Replacement.
With this Glide Ski, you’ll have movement. It is of a sturdy material that ensures a smooth glide across most surfaces and long life for your walker. It readily slips on one inch. On folding walkers, installation is simple and easy without the use of tools.
- Longevity is by the composite construction.
- It’s simple to add to a walker.
- All 1″ folding walkers can use with this.
- All Drive and most leading manufacturer’s walkers are compatible.
- It works on all surfaces.
This EZ Walker Caddy makes carrying your valuables. This walker caddy is to assist you in holding your things from room to room easily. It is of long-lasting plastic that is simple to clean and maintain. It includes a removable top that hides and secures personal belongings. This walker caddy is simple to put together thanks to the side straps, and it fits most two-button walkers.
- Allows you to bring personal things.
- Side straps make it simple to fix.
- It’s simple to set up.
- It fits most two-button walkers from most manufacturers.
On a variety of surfaces, provide optimal ease of usage. Using two back glides of sets and a swivel wheel of 5 with a lock system from Drive Medical. For fixed wheels, it can lock Walker’s roll quickly and smoothly thanks to the 5″ casters with rubber wheels and two glide caps. There are eight height settings on this wheel.
- Height can change.
- For a fixed wheel, it can lock, and for a swivel wheel, it can unlock.
- It offers rear Glide Caps and Covers
- Effortless mobility on every surface.
This Rear Glide Brakes with 3 Positions will provide safety to your wheeled walker. This Glide brake is for use with a wheeled walker. It will move smoothly across surfaces until weight is onto the handgrip.
These brakes will engage the rubber end brake, which will swiftly halt the wheeled walker. It can modify in height up to eight times. These Back glide Brakes weigh up to 350 pounds.
- Three “Glides for the wheels.
- Rubber Tip Brake – This type of brake can use while walking.
- It allows for eight different heights.
With this Universal Walker Wheels with Rear Glides, you can turn your folding walker into a wheeled walker. This set of Walker Wheels is to convert your walker into a wheeled walker.
The height of these walker wheels can change eight times to meet the user’s height. On most indoor and outdoor, its rubber wheels and back glides allow smooth movement.
- It allows for a total of eight heights.
- Rubber Wheels and Rear Glide – For a smooth ride on surfaces.
This Walker Basket will replace the plastic insert in your walker basket. This Basket Insert has a plastic tray and a cup holder to make it safe and easy to move your things. It’s to keep your belongings from slipping through the walker basket.
- Walker basket replacement.
- The tray comes with a holder cup for your drinks.
- Designed to work with 1″ Folding Walkers.
The Drive Medical Bariatric Walker Wheels provide optimal comfort. It has five-inch wheels and two pairs of glides.
Heavy-duty walkers were converted to wheeled walkers using these wheels. They allow for eight different heights, and the walker’s rubber dual wheels allow the glide over uneven surfaces.
- The Heavy Duty Walker is into a Wheeled Walker.
- It’s simple to install into a standard Walker.
- It allows for eight different heights.
- Glide Caps and Covers for the Rear.
This Extension Legs with Wheels will give your walker a little more height. It’s to provide the walker a little taller so that all users can get the preferred. On a regular walker, it allows for eight height changes from 36″ to 43″. A 5-inch extension leg is with this walker’s rubber wheel. It helps to glide and smoothly over uneven surfaces.
- “Rubber wheels allow for easy and smooth-rolling.
- Walkers from most manufacturers can use them.
- Glide Caps & Covers for the Rear Glide – Can use on surfaces.
With the Mabis Walker Ski Glides, you’ll have better maneuverability. The walker ski glide is of high-density polyethylene that provides a smooth glide on uneven surfaces for your walker. This walker is great for people who have limited strength or are tired of lifting their walker all the time.
- This allows for an effortless glide over uneven surfaces and thresholds.
- It makes it easy to move in a walker.
- It fits into the walker leg tube with ease.
- For people with little strength, this is good because it eliminates the need to lift the walker.
- It reduces friction caused by rubber tips.
- Made of high-density, long-lasting plastic.
With the Gray Walker Glide Ski, you’ll have easy movement. The walker ski glide is of durable plastic that allows your walker to glide smoothly across most surfaces. It readily slides onto 1 1/8 inch thick wood and makes it simple to install without the tools. This Walker ski glide is compatible with walkers from all major manufacturers.
- Allows the walker to glide across most surfaces quickly and smoothly.
- Plastic is strong and lasts long.
- It easily slips onto 1 1/8 inch thick wood “A walker’s tube.
- Installation without the tools.
The Carex Wheeled Walker Glide provides ultimate comfort and security. It gives wheeled walkers more independence and is for the back of walkers. The Wheeled Glides are to be used on the back of a wheeled walker and fit most walkers. These glides glide across all surfaces and have an integrated brake that can engage by pressing down on the handgrips.
- For better stability, there are three ends of contact.
- Allows for gliding of the back legs while pushing.
With this Front-Mount Walker Carry Bag, you may safely carry your stuff while walking. This Carry Bag is constructed of weather-resistant nylon and fastens to the front of the walker’s model using dual-strap connection anchors. It has a removable holder, a storage section, and three deep pockets for personal belongings. This Carry Bag will easily fit on walkers.
- Nylon construction is less in weight and airy.
- There are three deep pockets.
- Dual-Strap Attachment.
- Personal items can store in the large main pocket.
- Suitable for all types of walkers.
Consider the table below for a quick comparison of the Best Gait Trainers & Walking Accessories
|Prompts for the Thighs||It is mainly for the thighs. Height can change. To minimize abduction, it can place further away or closer to the user. Allows weight shifting from one leg to the other by moving with the user's stride pattern. It prevents cutting the bottoms.||Check Price|
|Pad & Hip Positioner||Height Seat Harness can change. Straps can extend or change. For added comfort, there is a removable pad.||Check Price|
|Platforms for Wenzelite Safety Rollers' forearms||Aluminum material is less in weight. Height and depth can both change. Inward and outward rotation. Handgrips can change to supinate, pronate, and extend forward or backward. For comfort, the contoured armrest turns into one piece with a flexible border. It can stick to a part of the handlebar, even the front. The patient's weight-bearing requirements decide the position. It can install facing the in or outside of the handlebar. Each side can change independently.||Check Price|
|Attachment for a Platform Walker/Crutch||Vinyl soft padding. The upper bracket is quite large. It fits many walkers. The arm is firmly held in place by an adjustable strap.||Check Price|
|Crutch Pad with Elasto-Gel||Gel with a high glycerin content. Friction should avoid. Long-Lasting Comfort Reduces Skin Breakdown It's not going to disintegrate. Waterproof.||Check Price|
|Crutch Points||Tips for a Longer Life and Extended Wear. Improved Durability with Extra Tread and Metal Support. It fits most of the crutches. These Crutches provide anti-skid properties. The grip on a variety of floor surfaces.||Check Price|
|3/4" Sports Ball Cane Tips"||Replaces damaged stick end safely. For sports fans, the ball design is best. It makes it possible for your cane to stand on its own. It fits many 3/4 cane sizes. Installation without tools.||Check Price|
|726 Wheel Front and Back Rollator||Each thing is separately sold (1 Wheel). Drive Model 726 is compatible. Wheel Assembly (Front or Rear). Wheel, Bearings, Axle Bolt, and Nut are all included.||Check Price|
|Mobility Lights for Walking||Most mobility devices, like rollators, walkers, chairs, and wheelchairs, can be attached without the tools. Options include standing, strobing, and flashing lights. For protection, a soft, protective cover. 3V lithium batteries are simple to replace (2 included). Free of latex. Size: 1 34" L x 12" W x.||Check Price|
|Basket for Walkers||Basket for Walkers. Plastic Insert Tray and Cup. The holder provides.||Check Price|
|Tray for Walkers||It fits most 2-button walkers from most brands. It folds up easily. Two cup holders. Simple to set up. A one-year limited warranty.||Check Price|
From the Blog
- Best Wheelchair Lifts For Vans & Car Trunks Updated December 14, 2021 What is the Purpose of a Wheelchair Lift for Vans and Car Trunks? Lift… Read More »Best Wheelchair Lifts For Vans & Car Trunks 
- Best Electric Wheelchair Accessories Updated December 14, 2021 What are Power or Electric Wheelchair Accessories? An Electric wheelchair is called an electric-powered… Read More »Best Electric Wheelchair Accessories 
- Best Electric Wheelchairs Updated December 14, 2021 What is an Electric Wheelchair? What are the Benefits of using an Electric Wheelchair?… Read More »Best Electric Wheelchairs 
- Best Wheelchairs For Stroke Patients  – A Helpful Illustrated GuideUpdated December 14, 2021 Wheelchairs play a crucial role for patients with impaired mobility. A wheelchair is one… Read More »Best Wheelchairs For Stroke Patients  – A Helpful Illustrated Guide
- Best Power Wheelchairs & Power Wheelchair Accessories Updated December 14, 2021 Power Wheelchairs What is a Power Wheelchair? A Power Wheelchair, called an electric-powered wheelchair,… Read More »Best Power Wheelchairs & Power Wheelchair Accessories 
- Best Transport Wheelchairs Updated December 14, 2021 Transport Wheelchairs What is a Transport Wheelchair? Transport wheelchairs mix the capability of an… Read More »Best Transport Wheelchairs 
- Best Standard Wheelchairs Updated December 14, 2021 What is a Manual Wheelchair or Standard Wheelchair? In today’s market, standard wheelchairs are… Read More »Best Standard Wheelchairs 
- Best Lightest Wheelchairs Updated December 14, 2021 What are the features of the lightest wheelchairs? The lightest wheelchairs are made from… Read More »Best Lightest Wheelchairs 
- Best Wheelchairs Updated December 14, 2021 What is the role of a wheelchair? A wheelchair is a physical & energy… Read More »Best Wheelchairs 
For information purposes only. Not medical advice.