Updated March 14, 2021
Raised toilet seats with arms are very useful aids for the elderly. People with reduced agility or flexibility, such as those with osteoarthritis or are recovering from an operation, going to the bathroom can be difficult.
But the best raised toilet seat with arms can turn the dreaded task into something you don’t even think. You’ll be surprised to see how one simple contraption can change the life of an elderly person with reduced mobility.
Raised toilet seat is easy to install and does not require additional tools. It comes with arms that facilitates the use of toilets. We have selected top 3 best raised toilet seat models with arms that are all comfortable and affordable for elderly people.
What is a raised toilet seat with arms?
A raised toilet seat looks like a normal but much larger toilet seat, allowing the user to sit up without crouching as low as a standard toilet. A best raised toilet seat with arms comes with handles to help the user even more, making the experience a lot less troublesome.
When equipped with arms or legs, it offers extra stability for safer and easier lifting. If you have elderly parents, a raised toilet seat can be very useful and valuable.
Top 3 Best Raised Toilet Seats With Arms Reviews 
This Drive Medical Toilet Seat is a lightweight and portable toilet seat. It is easy-to-clean heavy-duty elevated toilet seat. It is made of molded plastic and adds 5″ to height of toilet seat.
It offers an affordable solution that is easy to install on most toilets. You can use it when you travel. It is designed with padded arm supports.
This best raised toilet seat is easy to remove and use. It locks securely in place to allow the person use it safely.
Its weight capacity is 300lb. It is sturdy enough to support most seniors. The arms are also removable. It is expertly designed for seniors as a bathroom safety solution. It will solve the difficulty for sitting down or getting up from the toilet.
- Expertly designed raised toilet seat
- Bathroom safety solution for seniors
- Lightweight and portable
- heavy-duty molded plastic adds 5″ to height of toilet seat
- Simple locking device provides a reliable, secure fit
- Easily add or remove supportive metal arms
- Tool-free installation
- Easy to use for seniors and those with mobility issues
- Quick to install without extra tools
- Fits most toilets
- Stable support to prevent falls
- Light enough to take traveling
- Costly restocking fee
- Limited return window
The Maddak SP Ableware Toilet Seat looks more like a commode. When attached to the existing fixture, gives a sturdy and secure fit. This raised toilet seat is designed to protect older people with arthritic joint pain.
This seat measures 18 inches wide and 4 inches high inside the arms. The height of this seat is adjustable. You can use it for both round and elongated toilets.
Maddack SP Ableware Tall-Ette Elevated Toilet Seat comes with or without legs. You can buy according to your needs.
Making it a bariatric option, the aluminum frame has a weight capacity of 400 pounds. This stainless-steel version can accommodate the elderly of any weights. If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, then It is an excellent elevated toilet seat.
- Elevated toilet seat for standard or elongated toilet bowls.
- You will get foam armrests for added stability.
- Aluminum legs can be adjusted to fit toilet height.
- Bracket helps reduce slippage.
- Overall: 16-inches x 22.5-inches.
- Height of Aluminum Frame: 25-inches. Width
- Toilet Seat Opening: 18.5-inches x 4-inches x 16-inches.
- Easy on your hands with no rubbing or chaffing
- Can get manufacturer support after your purchase
- Ability to customize it by height and with/without legs
- Quick installation
- Fits securely on the fixture for stable support no matter what limits you have on mobility
- Weight capacity is large compared to the width between the arms
- Have to remove or trim arm padding to adjust the height that adds an extra step
3. DMI Elevated Raised Locking Toilet Seat
The DMI Elevated Toilet Seat is designed with 5 inches of extra height. For extra safety and comfort it has padded handlebars.
The frame is made of aluminum which provides strength. It has manageable weight so that seniors and caregivers can transport and store easily.
This DMI Elevated Raised Locking Toilet Seat is more affordable elevated toilet seats with arms we have reviewed.
You will like the design with the handles that is flaring out slightly. This best raised toilet seat with arms is easy to use and clean. Seniors or those recovering from injuries, or surgeries, can easily get on and off without assistance.
- Raises round toilet seats by 5 inches
- Allow easier access for the elderly
- Fits most standard round toilets.
- Contour plastic molded seat adds additional comfort
- Easily and safely attaches to your toilet bowl with 3 hand tightening clamps.
- Padded, rust resistant aluminum armrests provide extra security and stability
- Easy to use
- Quick to install without extra tools
- Handle placement gives some extra room
- Easy to clean for you or your caregiver
- Must replace the existing seat
- Only fits round toilets
The best raised toilet seats with arms are very important for elderly especially for people with reduced mobility. They are optimized the way your body performs daily tasks to make your life safer.
The bathroom can be a danger for seniors. They can slip, lose a step or hurt their backs when trying to sit down or getup. This can lead to other health complications.
However, you can make the bathroom safer by installing an elevated toilet seat. It is suitable for standard toilets. It will increase the height of your commode and also offers additional support. This allows the user to sit and even get up easily and the handle will give you additional support.
You will find many types of raised toilet seat in the market. However, our listed items above are the best raised toilet seats with arms in 2019.
From the Blog
- Best Transport Wheelchairs 
- Cheap Bariatric Commodes 
- Best Cheap Bathing Benches 
- Best Wheelchair Cushions 
- Best Power Add-on Systems for Wheelchairs
For information purposes only. Not medical advice.